Adult Social Day Center
Welcome to The Gathering Place, a welcoming place for seniors of all ages with over 18 years experience in caregiving. At The Gathering Place, we are dedicated to serving seniors who need assistance with daily living while enjoying the company of peers and enriching activities.
Members regularly enjoy music, arts and entertainment, and are quick to make friends. We offer socializing over a cup of tea, exercise classes, outings, and more. Our caring staff is dedicated to making your time with us enjoyable while assisting to your daily care needs that may arise. The Gathering Place provides a comfortable, home-like atmosphere which is relaxing, welcoming, and socially and intellectually enriching.
We provide peace of mind to family and friends, knowing their loved one is well cared for and whose life is enriched by socializing and participating in activities.
THE GATHERING PLACE is an adult
social day center where members have the opportunity to socialize, make new friends, enjoy
peer support and do activities, in a
stimulating and supportive environment that promotes better physical and mental
We provide assistance to families and other caregivers who have the responsibility for an adult who cannot safely stay home alone during the day and yet does not require 24-hour nursing care.
Adult day centers are an important care option that keep families together and can improve the quality of life to both caregivers and their loved ones.
Members may participate one, two, or all five days weekly or just now and then. The number of days chosen for your loved one is as open as you need it to be.
The goal of the program is to provide a safe, caring, stimulating, and enjoyable environment which will enhance self-esteem and encourages socialization.
Benefits of the program:
- Care and companionship for seniors who need assistance or supervision during the day.
- Time to socialize with peers.
- Enhance physical, emotional and cognitive development by providing a variety of activities from reading, gardening, cooking, arts&crafts and music.
- Opportunities to use a variety of art supplies to help strengthen fine motor skills and stimulate creativity.
- Opportunities to play games and exercise, which strengthen gross motor muscles and coordination.
- Provides much needed relief to family members or caregivers and allows them the freedom to go to work part time, handle personal matters or just relax while knowing their loved one is cared for in a safe environment.
- Time to engage with preschoolers.